- Allow optional installation of the Postgres SQL Server.
- Added the
cikit -cfor checking available updates of CIKit. If it says there’s a new code you can do
cikit self-updatefor sure.
- Added the ability to define environment variables.
- Added an ability to use Gitlab CI as a continuous integration platform (instead of Jenkins).
- Fixed an error that caused
vagrant sshto fail within the child directory of a project (not in that where
- A list of custom PHP extensions is easier to define now. Use
php_packagesvariable within a project and specify everything you need.
xdebug.remote_hostis automatically set to VM’s gateway for allowing the use of xDebug from CLI with zero configuration.
Manual actions are required! Read full changelog record for a proper upgrade.
- Simplified a procedure of defining virtual hosts.
- Added reflection of defined virtual hosts in
/etc/hostsfor local environments.
- Added an ability to define application subdomains that work both on CI droplet and locally.
The ability to choose
apache2 as a web server for a project has been introduced! Refer the documentation to get acquainted with the configuration and technical aspects.
2.6.0came in sight. Xdebug for PHP
5.6has been updated to
- Fixed weird issue when Python cannot open environment configuration of a project and
vagrant provisionends in a failure.
Installation of Ruby 2.5.0 has been introduced alongside with speeding up the process by avoiding generating the documentation.
Was eliminated the security lack that required matrix owner/manager to share SSH credentials for a server with everyone who has wanted to access CI droplets on it.
- Removed unused generation of the SSL keys during Apache installation for simplifying and accelerating the process.
- Improved installation of Jenkins plugins using Ansible 2.x modules:
jenkins_plugin. Reduced number of iterations in SSH loop.
- Redesigned the installation of Jenkins and its dependencies using the
aptinstead of the manual downloading and depackaging. Now the provisioning will always install the latest version of server and plugins.
- Enabled Ansible pipelining that increased (15% and more) the provisioning of VM/CI.
- CIKit has been rewritten on Python 2.7.
- Added the hosts manager. No more manual edits of the
- Added MySQL import strategies for SQL workflow.
- Added the documentation for preparing a project for hosting on Pantheon.
cikit-pantheon-terminusrole which can be optionally used for installing Terminus.
- Added new update system.
- Jenkins 2.76 has been updated to 2.93.
CIKit just got better by getting a new update that affects the speed of Solr downloading. Before, the location of a package was settled to a centralized Apache.org server which is far to people in Australia, for instance.
Since 26 of October PyPI disallowed any HTTP access to their APIs that stopped the provisioning from being operable.
Has been fixed an error while a client could not connect to the VM because it could not boot its private network.
Since today CIKit has discarded the support of Ansible lower than 2.4.
Since today the CIKit has been converted to a distribution, which needs to be installed on PC first before creating/managing projects based on it.
Starting from now all droplets (virtual servers for projects on matrices) will be a
systemd Docker containers (based on
Fixed annoying issue, during provisioning a VM, which was causing Apache installation to fail (Ubuntu only). Read more about it at https://github.com/geerlingguy/drupal-vm/issues/247#issuecomment-153295035.
Github credentials configuration is simpler than ever before! Update three values: username, API token, SSH key and your jobs are good to go!
Ship environment configuration via
.env-config.yml. One creates, others just use. Forget about answering questions during re-provisioning.
Commit-controllable builds are onboard now! Specify whatever you want actions in commit message and write handlers for them.
Congratulations to everyone - Ubuntu 16.04 is now onboard with all related enhancements.
6.5.1available for choosing!
- Smart InnoDB configuration:
innodb_buffer_pool_size- percentage of total available RAM and value of
innodb_log_file_size- is a percent of computed value of
- Caching the answers during VM provisioning.
Migration to Ubuntu 16.04 is almost completed! Only remote provisioning remains untested at the moment.
CIKit migrated to Ruby 2.x. Choosability of version is available using preinstalled
Now CIKit got a solution for those who prefer using guest OS instead of host for manipulating with data. Set
false, reload the machine and use NFS over TCP to prevent hangs of filesystem.